Must See Exhibitions & Events at Oxford Arts Festival
24th June – 8th July 2017
The Oxford Arts Festival is back for 2017. The annual event is showcasing the very best creativity and culture for the ninth year in venues throughout Oxfordshire. Planning ahead is, therefore, a must, should you wish to make the most of all the quirky and unusual events taking place across the county.
Many hotels in Oxford will be teaming with artists and art lovers alike and we’d love to lend a helping hand in planning your itinerary. Here are our top picks of the must see exhibitions and events at the Arts Festival this year…
Arts & Exhibitions
To celebrate the start of the festival, many galleries, theatres and unique venues will be opening their doors to flaunt the diversity of art and talent in Oxford. Some of the best picks include;
– A tour of the Warehouse Art School’s end of year show where visitors can also meet the artists for an informal chat. This will be taking place at the Ovada.
– Modern Art Oxford will be hosting a hands-on session of collaborative drawing as well as a tour of the gallery with their curator. You can pick up a map from the Festival Hub to see the full art trail.
We are looking forward to hearing talks from some of the most influential artists, academics, dancers and influencers throughout the festival period. Our favourites include;
– Darcey Bussell’s talk ‘A life in Dance’
– Michael Frayn’s discussion “On the writer and the reader”
– Emma Bridgewater’s talk on business, creativity and making the traditional contemporary in her discussion called “Made in Britain.
Be sure to book in advance as many of these are sure to sell out quickly. You can book tickets online here.
Although comedy shows will run throughout the festival, on Monday 3rd July the Festival Marquee will be hosting a comedy night. For just £17.50 you will see appearances from Marcus Brigstone, one of Britain’s finest comedians and broadcasters, Amused Moose Comedy Award finalist Laura Lexx and star of Live At The Apollo and Mock The Week, Ivo Graham.
So that’s just a small taste of the plethora of events that are taking place at the Oxford Arts Festival. You can view the full Festival Diary here.
If any or all of those fascinating talks take you fancy, then our hotel in Oxford is the perfect place to plan your trip from.
Book your stay direct today online, by email or by calling us on 01235 553456 today and we guarantee you the best available rate.